Classes and Events
Potluck Third Thursday:
- August 17 530-830 Theme: Fun with Food
- July 20 530-830 pm. Theme: Picnic Food
- June 15 530-830 pm. Theme: Greatest Hits (Your most famous potluck dish or a dish named after a great song)
Get August 2017 PDF of classes and events. Register Below or call 828.749.3640 to register.
See left sidebar for additional calendars.
Can't make it to a scheduled class meeting? Call 828-749-3640.
Click any picture/link below to:
- register for class
- see materials lists
- check meeting times
- get more information
Kniticality Classes (Events below)
Sit-n-stitch/Open stitch every week
- Tues 10-12
- Thurs 1-3 (ish)
- Sat 10-12
This August, our theme is...Fun with Food! Time for those melon bowls made of melons and cakes shaped like goldfish...this month is about goofy fun. We'll be playing yarn shop bingo too, so, well, YAY! This month's Third-Thirsday Potluck is August 17, 2017.
Bring a dish, bring a friend, bring a project and spend an evening at our cozy shop. You'll meet folks you know and new friends who all share your passion for stitching. Spouses and partners are always welcome.
Monthly, every 3rd Thursday from 530-830P. (ish)
This event is free but an RSVP is appreciated...just so we can make sure we have enough chairs.
Want to shop while you are here? No problem...we always appreciate your business.
August Class helps days are Aug 3, 17, & 21 2017.
Need more time with your teacher? We're setting aside the classroom just for you. Students can bring their class projects in alternate Thursdays during the hours of 10-12
There is no need to register. just come on in.
Saturdays beginning July 1, 10a-12p
Kniticality is proud to take part in the Welcome Blanket Project, a nationwide effort to make 3200 40 x 40 inch hand-knitted and crocheted throws. A welcome blanket is created in love to celebrate the arrival of a new person into the world. The blankets we make together will be displayed at the Smart Museum of Art in Chicago from July 18 through December 17. At the close of the show, the blankets will be distributed to refugees and other immigrants through intake centers and resettlement organizations. The project is an effort to reframe the discussion around the proposed border wall between the US and Mexico. The simple pattern and instruction for this project is provided free, and we’ve made a giant template to help you organize your squares any way you like. Supplies are available at Kniticality, and we’ve kept things affordable so everybody can participate. The group meets Saturdays beginning July 1, from 10am to 12pm at Kniticality, 55 Robin Lane, Saluda, NC 28773. www.kniticality.com RSVP to 828-749-3640 Learn more about the project at www.welcomeblanket.org or by contacting your neighbors at Kniticality. Absolute beginners are welcome,
- Size 11 needles straight or circular
- Tapestry needle to sew up the squares (each square is 10 inces in diameter)
- Pattern supplied
- Approx 1200 yards yarn per blanket...we do appreciate it when you purchase your yarn here at Kniticality. We"ve special ordered an excellent quality affordable choice especially for this project
Saturday Aug 19, 1030-4p, Lunch included
Take lace back to it's roots! We'll be working a hanky-sized square of your choice in Orenburg, Shetland, or Estonian lace. We'll only have time to work one square in class, but you'll get the patterns for all three. During our day together, we'll be learning about where these laces come from and what makes each form so special.
- US size 3 or 4 24-inch or longer circular + same size DPN, 1 pair
- 100g fingering yarn in a light, solid color. Please no black, navy blue, etc.
- Clip-on or locking stitch marker(s)
- Notebook and pencil
- Note: These laces are traditionally worked on US size 1-2 needles using cobweb yarns. For learning purposes, we have scaled up.
Saturday Aug 19, 1030-4p, Lunch included. Please call me at 828.749.3640 if you have any dietary restrictions. Please arrive at 10 am to select your yarn. You are also welcome to come in on a day prior to class. Patterns included.
Thanks for purchasing your class yarn here at Kniticality. We appreciate it!
Saturday August 12 1030-4p, Lunch included.
Work some interesting lace on a small scale...perfect for gifts or for decorating your special places! Make as many as you want in the workshop...there are several patterns to choose from. We're making votives for a half-pint sized mason jar, but I will teach you in class how to scale the votive cover to any size jar or bottle. Lunch and one half-pint jar are included.
This workshop is suitable for adventurous beginners and up, however you should have some knowledge using DPNs and know how to knit and purl.
- US size 2.5 DPN, 1 set
- Fingering weight yarn (beginners should use a light, solid color) about 25g per votive
- Notebook and pencil
- Tapestry needles to weave ends
- Clip-in or locking style stitch marker(s)
- Designer Susann Hajjar suggests using an LED tea light in your votives to reduce the risk of fire...I agree!
Thanks for purchasing your class yarn here at Kniticality.
Saturday August 12 1030-4p
Yay for August Lace Month! See you there!
Together we will find the perfect pattern or project just for you!